Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Musings on Tuesday

It is late Monday night and I really just want to go to bed.
It's been a looonnnggg self-inflicted busy day.
In fact, it was a very long and crazy nuts kind of week!!
Here's a rundown:


Monday
was no-school.
Rachel and I went shopping (with a TEENAGER!) and to lunch for her birthday, which was actually on Tuesday, but we didn't have any time to celebrate on Tuesday.
(This was also the day I got rear-ended by that lovely man.)
I made Rachel's favorite dinner and we celebrated with a
family party in the evening.


Tuesday
was Rachel's
real birthday.
Dan left me home with the beast truck while he took the van to get the damage assessed.
I therefore, didn't go get balloons and surprise Rachel at school -for her very first "at-school" birthday.
BIG MISTAKE!
I didn't think it would matter to her anyways as we had partied the day before, AND since she had track practice, drum lessons, and YW after school.
She noticed.
"Having your birthday on a school day SUCKS!", were her words upon arriving home. "Nobody did ANYTHING! Not even balloons!!!", she declared.
I am now officially a bad mother!


Wednesday
felt like a little bit of a breather. Dan went out to inspect a campground at the state line. (Which somehow caused me to feel like I could be lazy that day - go figure!)
After a really good workout that AM, I fought (and lost) the battle of the chocolate zucchini cake.
Mary and I did all her laundry - JOYOUS!
I went and watched Rachel practice hurdles at track practice.
(I wish I'd taken pictures)
Then there was a RS birthday social. Dan was late coming home so all us girls went to the social and he came home with a big pizza and no one was there to eat it!! (tee hee!)
Thursday
I had lunch with some of my "crazy lady" friends.
We talked and laughed, and laughed some more! I hadn't seen them in months!!
Then, I ran errands - ugh.
Rachel had track practice again, then soccer practice.
Mary had Special Needs mutual, which she loves.
I was the driver to most of these activities.
Good news - Danny called and he got his "match". He'll be doing his residency in Phoenix. We are thrilled!! He'll be so much closer!!
Dan and I went to a furniture sale in between all this and got a mattress for the guest room.

Friday
I took down Mary's old twin bed and set up the queen mattress. Dan showed up in time to take apart the frame.
Now when we have guests, I can kick Mary out of her room and put the guests in there!! She won't mind. She loves having sleepovers with the other girls.
Mary also had some friends come over - they sat on the front porch swing and ate Otter Pops!
Rachel had her first track meet and blew everyone away by
coming in 2nd in the 2-miler. Go Rachel!!
Dan and I drove to Kanab for a little get-away. A friend surprised us there with flowers(daffodils and hyacinths), candles, and cookies - so kind and thoughtful.

Saturday, after a relaxing day of dreaming and planning, we drove home in time to take Jessica's group pictures for the Preference dance.
Jess looked bee-uu-tiful!!
A neighbor and a friend who is very talented did Jessica's hair for her.
It was AMAZING! Thank you Sherie!!

Silly, silly!
Sunday I had to give a lesson and Dan had tons of meetings.
Which brings us back to TODAY and
TO POST OR NOT TO POST...
I know, however, that I can't neglect reporting on some of my "musings".
I mean, my posterity will miss out on some essential wisdom!

(ha ha, right!)

For instance:
--If you pet the cat too vigorously in the spring you will get cat hair up your nose.
--If you go out and 'hoe' weeds after years of not doing this activity, your back will ache like you never knew! Hey, where's the weed spray???
--Dogs look very sad when they want to be fed. Scratch that, dogs look sad all the time!
--If you wash a dark red comforter with something white and fuzzy, it takes over an hour to get all the lint off.
--Wearing white capris might make you legs look tanner, but it will make your bottom look bigger!
--If you want your husband to hurry, don't tell him to hurry.

--Cat hair is very hard to get out of your nose. Or eyes. Or mouth.
--Given a lovely beach and beautiful blue water,
children will opt for the mud!!
Rachel and Jessica - summer 2004.

Okay, so it's Tuesday now and I'm just finishing this.
I know I'm off my regular "format", but hey!, it's my blog. I can do that!!

One thing I'm happy about today...
I've lost another 3 pounds!! Woohoo ME!! That's 13 total!! Oh yeah!

Now, just another 60 to go....

2 comments:

Amelia Brame said...

Wow Mom you're full of such wisdom. Good thing I don't have a cat. Oh wait.. except Eddy who is on loan to you guys indefinitely ;)

Melissa said...

Hi Pat,

So you might be up here Easter weekend? We'd love to see you. What is your schedule? I'm sure we can find time to meet up. -Jon