Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Monday Musings on Tuesday(again)

REALLY!
Mondays are becoming just too busy to muse or to blog. I do lot's of 'musing' or thinking on Sundays, so, I may have to adjust and plan ahead. So, here it's now Tuesday and I really don't have time today either. But, I'll try and make this quick.
Today is going
to be on a more SERIOUS tone and I'm going to title this:

A GREAT LADY or
A GREAT FAMILY
or
A GREAT HERITAGE

(take your pick)

My Aunt Lucille Tyler Greenwood (my Dad's sister) passed away last week.

Aunt Lucille's and Uncle Rolf's family (she's the white-haired lady in pink next to the groom)

She was a GREAT LADY.
She was over 80 when she passed and had a very large family of 7 children and lots and lots of grandchildren and great-grandchildren. BUT, the point is, she lived a GREAT life. No, no, she didn't become famous (except to her family) or travel extensively or amass great wealth. But she was one of the finest individuals I have known. She worked hard and always smiled. She gave and gave and gave. She remembered people's names and was genuinely interested and cared about others. She was known for her kindness and generosity. She is someone I'd like to become like.

Display at Funeral

Her children: L to R: Sue Ann, Janet, Marcia, Bill, Lori, Earl, Rita

Her children - my cousins, have taken after her. Good and kind and generous.
I traveled down to Eagar, AZ for the funeral this past weekend. I went with my husband, Dan, my youngest, Rachel, my cousin, Duane, and his son Matt.

Tyler cousins!
It was so good to see all the cousins and aunts and uncles and visit with this GREAT FAMILY, to which I belong.
Lucille's children, spouses and her remaining siblings on front row.

For the last few months I have been reading journals of some of my ancestors. WOW!
Can I say that again?
WOW!

Totally amazing!
Talk about staying true and faithful' about working hard for the necessities of life (not expecting the good 'ol 'government handout'), about enduring hardships, about enjoying the simple things, and about loving your family enough to do anything for them. I have to honestly say, that through the reading of these histories and journals, I have felt a change come over me. These lives of this GREAT FAMILY and HERITAGE to which I belong, although they are long gone, have touched my life and influenced me in a way that I don't think could happen in any other manner.
I AM SO GRATEFUL!


Side note: I have now lost 17 pounds!! Yay! Feels so good!

2 comments:

Karen (McCown) Young said...

Aunt Lucille was the best - I'm saddened to hear of her passing. She was a true sweetheart who genuinely loved everybody. The only good thing about funerals is it gets everyone together for an impromtu family reunion and good memories are shared. Wish I could've been there. Thanks for posting pictures of the funeral!

And great job on the weight loss - Yeah you!

Amelia Brame said...

She was a great woman. I'm glad you got to go!