Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lawnmowers and Freight Trains

I slept half the night next to a snoring freight train.
Now I feel as if I got run over by one.
You see,
my husband snores.
No kidding.
When we were first married, most of my dreams involved motor boats 
 
or lawnmowers.
 
I wasn't used to hearing those sounds all night and so my overactive sleep imagination would incorporate them into my dreams.
Now, however, I just get woken up when the "volcano" is going off.
Then I get frustrated and cranky.
So, last night, after 4 hours of motor cross next to me in bed, 
I kicked him out.
I told him it was my turn to get some sleep.

No worries, though, for those who don't appreciate my 'tongue in cheek' humor.
I still love the guy.
The snoring is little price to pay for being with the best man in the world.

1 comment:

Amelia Brame said...

How do you say "mow the lawn" in French? Hahaha that's what this post reminded me of :)