Monday, July 19, 2010

My Husband has it ROUGH!

My husband, Dan, has it ROUGH!!
Why? Because he is married to me.
It's true.

So, I write this post in appreciation of him.

We've had a crazy summer. And, with that craziness, we've had some good family time, but also lots of apart time. And very little US time.
So, I get back from a trip to Mississippi and he gets home the next day from a week at Scout camp.
We go on a date. Poor guy, he is completely exhausted from camping all week.
I am exhausted from a 2000 mile road trip.
I am cranky and can't control it.
He is kind and patient.
He loves me anyways.

Next day we go for a morning walk.
It starts out good - not too hot yet - and we hold hands.
But the crankiness rears it's ugly head again.
This time it's because reality has set in again, now that we are home.
We have LOADS of things to do and take care of.
I say some hard things to him.
He tries to understand.
I get frustrated and say more hard things.
He is quiet.


And then he looks at me with that "look".
That "look" that says:
I'm trying to understand.
I love you no matter what.
I'll always love you.
I'll be here forever for you.
And then, even though I don't deserve it,
he braves the porcupine quills that I've put out,
and he hugs me.

I love him SOOOO much.
Thank you Dan.

1 comment:

Heldasland said...

Sounds like the perfect guy.Thank you for your comment on my blog