Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Musings

I'm Baaaccckkk!!!
It has been a crazy 2 weeks. A GOOD crazy.
But if it doesn't let up a little, I may go BAD crazy.
Good stuff is that I am basically doing Home School with Mary now.
It's going awesome and we are seeing little bits of progress already.
I just need to get organized and the craziness will improve.
So, I've been madly gathering materials, and working on educational goals
and then implementing them.
I can't tell you how excited we are - but I will anyways.
WE ARE SO EXCITED!!
Mary has been happy and giggling and very cooperative with all the
things we are doing.
She also gets to go to her friends (Cindy and Kristin) house each day to do activities with them for an hour. They are so cute together.
Other happenings:
We are still following Rachel around to all her track meets and soccer games.
In fact, this past Saturday, they finally won a game! Yay!
Jessica has been madly studying for AP tests and the ACT.
I have to coax her to take a break and come up for air.

Here's a conversation I had with Rachel tonight:
Rachel: "Mom, what's that called...you know...that treatment when a big needle is stuck in your eye...."
Me: (gag reflex is starting) "WHAT??? That's HORRIBLE!"
Rachel: "You KNOW what it is Mom. You told me about it."
Me: "Huh? Told you about what?"
Rachel: "It's when someone has a mental illness and they would stick a really long needle right through the middle of their eye and into their brain."
Me: (gag reflex is in full swing) "Oh my gosh, Rachel!! That's the most awful thing I've ever heard!! I never told you that!"
Rachel: "Yeah, you did Mom. You told me that most people die from it, but it cured a few people."
Me: "How terrible! I never heard of such a thing!"
Rachel: "Yes you did! You told me that the people that did the treatment made lots of money doing it!"
Me: (still gagging) "I promise Rachel, I never, ever have heard of something so horrible! I never told you that!"
Rachel: "Well.... Maybe I dreamed it."
Me: "I think I'm gonna be sick...."
Oh, life is never dull with teenagers!
On a more serious note: I feel very grateful and blessed to have such a great family. Everyone has such varied personalities and interests that life always has a surprise for me.
Besides my 3 girls at home,
there's
Danny the Doctor - the ultimate goofball who has a heart of gold and is passionate about learning.

There's
Amelia - another goofy kid who is the middle child and loves to dance and be the center of attention when she's home.
Plus, we have a great son-in-law, Jon, who is so good to Amelia - plus he's goofy too!

And then, there's Loren, the missionary and a third goofball (come to think of it, there is lots of goofiness in this family) who is intense and artistic.

Wow! I sure love them all!

1 comment:

Celese said...

You do have such an awesome family!!! I love you all!!! (Did I mention I love your blog?) :)