Friday, April 9, 2010

Stone Easter Tradition - EGG WARS!!

A Crazy Easter Tradition!

Rachel's Killer Egg!

When I first married into the Stone family, and on my first Easter as a Stone, my husband wanted to play Egg Wars!
Yep, you heard me right! EGG WARS!!
After witnessing it for that first time, I thought he'd lost his mind! I was positive that I'd never seen a sillier tradition, and really didn't want to participate.
Years went by, and one by one the kids all got into it , but I remained aloof. Sadly, I was the one missing out as I insisted (in my mind) that it was just plain ridiculous.
Well, I am really glad that with age comes a little wisdom, and about 10 years ago I relented and got into the action.

Yep, it was as silly as I first imagined, but it was SOOO much FUN!

The interaction with the kids, the "boasting" and "bragging" about your own specially decorated and equipped "killer" egg, and then the actual showdown was never to be forgotten!!
I HAD BEEN MISSING OUT!
So here's a few pics of this years EGG WARS!

First, you boil and decorate your eggs!! The decoration part is the most important!!
You move the furniture, lay out a towel or sheet...
And roll your eggs against one another. If your egg breaks - you loose that match!
Then winners roll against each other until just one egg is left unbroken!
Dan even makes up a bracket chart!!
Jessica and her "movie star" egg were this years WINNER!!

3 comments:

Amelia Brame said...

Go Jessica!!!!

Kristin said...

Haha! I love it! I am always trying to figure out what to do with all those eggs after we boil them and decorate them! Katy Phillips' family hits them like golf balls out in the dessert. That sounded fun, too, but this sounds REALLY fun! Thanks for the idea! We might need Dan to make us a bracket though ;)

Celese said...

What a fun tradition! We might just have to try this next year! I love your blog!!