Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine's Weekend

Loren and Samantha came home for a visit on V-day weekend.

The main reason for their visit, besides doing laundry and getting some free meals, was for Loren to see Ivan, who just got home from his mission.  
Loren and Ivan were tight buds growing up.  
Partners in crime.
Saturday morning, while Samantha did homework and I baked,
the girls and Loren helped Dan in the yard. 
 
Well, they helped for quite a while, then they played with the soccer ball in the warm sunshine.


The weather was perfect! 


We then went on a picnic at Pioneer Park.  

Afterwards, the kids hiked around and then sat out on the warm rocks.



It was fun.  
The rest of the weekend we made amazing cupcakes,
The most amazing cupcake EVER!!
played games and watched some movies.  
Then Loren & Sam had to go back up north.

Monday - Valentine's Day.
A total bust.
Dan was sick and I caught it a day later.  I got my own flowers from the craft room and put them in a vase, blew up some balloons, decorated the dining room, prepared gifts for the girls, and made a gourmet dinner for all of us with candlelight, etc.  
Not really what I had in mind, though, for a romantic dinner.
But, still, I was surrounded by those I love best - minus a few of the older ones.  And that's what counts.
Plus, I told Dan I was holding a 'rain check' from him for a future romantic getaway.  
I'm sure I'll have to plan it for him! ;)