Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Funny....

It's funny the things that can make your day.

I've had a rough couple of days with my foot.
I'm not going to go into the details, but the result was that I was really down and sad.  I went to bed last night wondering how I was going to pull myself out of this funk and praying that I'd find a way.  I woke up wondering the same thing.  It just felt like a heavy blanket was on me, pulling me down.
 
So, enter Tuesday morning.  
I didn't feel like exercising, but I slathered ointment on my foot and did it anyways, starting Mary's laundry first.
Felt a teensy bit better.
 Ham-Bean soup for dinner tonight - so I soaked some beans.
I decided  to un-clutter 1 drawer.  After dumping the contents of said drawer on my bed, I wanted to give up.  I walked past my computer (where I had posted my un-cluttering intentions) and saw that a friend had posted, "You go girl!"
I finished the drawer.  Felt a teensy bit better again.
While finishing up the drawer, a dear friend called me.  We talked - she had missed me and she shared her troubles and her love for me.  Boy, I needed to hear those words.  I felt better again.
I showered, got dressed, changed Mary's laundry and took some mail out to the mailbox.  I sat in the beautiful sunshine with my bottled water for 10 minutes - letting my afflicted foot soak up some sun.
Still feeling better.
Beans were done soaking, so I chopped millions of veggies in my food processor to go into the soup.  
Feeling better still.
Dan and Mary came home for lunch.  I'd made something yummy (thank you Schwans!) and we had lunch together.  Dan helped me cut up the last of the veggies and clean up the kitchen.
He went back to work and the house smells wonderful - like the most delicious soup ever!   Now I'm going to fold the laundry.
I didn't do or accomplish anything spectacular, but... 

All those feeling betters added up -
and I feel happy and hopeful once again.
Funny, isn't it?
 


No comments: