Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Meli's birthday - a week late. Oops!

I've been doing these birthday tributes for about a year now, so I need to change things up a bit.  
 
I love focusing on the birthday child on "their" day, so I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what to do.
So, here goes.
Memorable sayings by the BIRTHDAY GIRL - AMELIA!!
She turned 26 on May 12, 2011.
Happy B-day girl!!
 
Here are some of the more out-standing things that I remember Amelia saying to me over the past 26 years:

*I'm sorry, mom.
*I love you a million!
*I'm not smart cuz you bottle-fed me.
*I'm sorry, mom.
*I see 'boo-bees' (birdies)!!
*I'm neglected cuz I'm the middle child.
*Oh mom, don't be so silly.
*I never got to wear newborn clothes!
*Wanna see me dance? 
*I'm sorry, mom.
*Madre, you are the best mom.
*You are ruining my life, mom.
*Let's have a sleep-over in MY room!
*I'm going to Poland!!
*Don't worry so much, mom.
*I'm NEVER getting married!!
*I'm HOME!!
*Let's go on a Road trip!!
*I'm engaged!!!
*What would I do without you?
*Sorry, mom.
 But my favorite (2nd to "I'm home") is:
"Nini - I love you!!  
Looking forward to many more favorites - 
and next year, I think I will copy some of her numerous apology letters to me for her birthday.  That'll be a kick!!
P.S. And I promise you a cake when you come visit!

No comments: