Thursday, May 5, 2011

22 Years Ago

My second son was born.
Loren Spencer Tyler Stone
(big name - big personality)
Some interesting facts about Loren's life:
He was born "at home", but technically, in the rec room at my sister's house in Tucson.
He was so blond, that my mom insisted he was bald.  It caused a fight.
 
He was raised on goat's milk.
People thought he had a different father than my first 3 children - due to the blond hair. 
He loved boogers. 
He loved to help his Dad do anything.
He began camping with his Dad before he was 1 yr. old.
 
He was very, very mischievous.
 Some of his antics included:
*stomping on his pre-school teachers asparagus
*running his tricycle down the road and pushing it into the flooding creek
*surprising the neighbor in her bathtub
Don't let that cute innocent face fool you!!
*causing trouble in Nursery so that he'd get sent out
*I'm sure there are many more of which I am ignorant.
As he grew up and we moved to Utah, he was still full of antics and surprises.
 
He was home-schooled in 4th grade and through High School.
He was a great soccer player.
He started a field on fire.
He could run like the wind, but didn't like the "sick" feeling before a race.
He loves to tease the girls and women in his life.
One of Loren's first girlfriends
He saved a girl's life when she was buried in a sand cave-in.
He is an artist and self-taught musician.
Still likes helping his Dad do anything.
He is a writer.
He is a VERY deep thinker.
He challenges the ideas that come his way and tests them.  He's not afraid to do it either.
He is a loving and very thoughtful son.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOREN!!
Loren's final girlfriend - and fiance!
 (sorry it's a day late - couldn't find the baby pics!)

2 comments:

Karen (McCown) Young said...

I remember the day he was born as well. My teacher came up and told me and I was heartbroken that I wasn't allowed to go home immediately to see my new baby cousin. I thought it was so cool that you had him at our house. He's adorable and still is. Love you Loren! Happy birthday!

Jen and Josh said...

happy birthday to Loren! He is an awesome guy. also, congrats to him on getting engaged! :)