Sunday, November 21, 2010

The bloggin' blues.... plus Teen Q & A

What do you blog about when you don't have anything to blog about?
Hmmm...let's have some rare introspection....
This week was a real break from the craziness of the earlier weeks.   
Coming off of end of season races, awards banquets, 
Hahahaha!!  That's too funny!  It's upside-down Rachel!!
concerts, parades, photo shoots and ward quilting projects, 
One of the girls working on a quilt (one of 5 quilts!).
it's been kind of nice to not have a million places to go all at once.
So, what did I do this week?  
I got caught up a little.
I bound 4 quilts.
I cleaned my room and bathroom.
I caught up on laundry.
I made a menu for 2 weeks.
I began editing pictures from 3 photo shoots (last week).
I finished a pillowcase doll for the boutique.
I cleaned the kitchen.

I have been asking myself a question - since last Saturday. 
Have I forgotten how to have fun?
Okay - rewind to last week.
 Dan wanted to do something spontaneous.   I forget what, but I remember feeling that it would just be too much trouble. 
And then I realized, I don't know how to have fun anymore!
(This picture proves it - as do all our pictures!!  I'm never in them having fun!)
It's become really hard for me to let go and relax and just do something fun!
That's really sad.
So, I'm trying to change that.  And it's really hard.
I'm always thinking about stuff I gotta get done, or things we hafta pay for, or how much time is there, or that I just don't feel well enough. 
So - my goal for this week. 
DO SOMETHING TOTALLY UNPLANNED & SPONTANEOUS!
Last spontaneous thing I did - took a ride with Dan to the top of a mtn. at Heaton Ranch.  It scared the ba-jeemies out of me!!  But it was memorable!!
Weird goal I know, to plan to do something unplanned.  
I'll let you know how it turns out.

Meanwhile....
Here's a Teen Q & A:  
Q:  Why do adolescents delight in embarrassing their parents in public?
A: They are holding grudges for the little corduroy jumpers with the choo-choos on them and the white frilly booties and over-sized flower bows you put on them when they were too young to fight back.  Each time your teenager embarrasses you, he is remembering the time you licked your hand to press down those little stray hairs on his head for the photo shoot.  Pray he/she never remembers the 'taking their picture naked' episode.
Danny -  naked! 

2 comments:

Amelia Brame said...

I love that Rachel is holding her cross country award upside down. What a goober :)

Jessica Belle said...

I just love that you use the weirdest pictures of me. NOT! haha ;)
Agreed. Rachel is such a goober. :)