Monday, October 18, 2010

Autumn - Oh how I love thee!!!

I count "the ranch" as one of the blessings in my life.
It includes the wonderful cousins that have "adopted" us into their Red Cedar Lodge family.
There to greet us are cabins, wild turkeys, a clear trout-filled reservoir, green grass, tall pines, deer and snakes, and pink cliffs towering above it all.
Fishing with friends
Also included are loved ones, great conversations, and lots of good food.
Oh, how I love this place.
It heals my soul to be up there.
It is even more beautiful and heart-warming in the fall.

The colors this year were amazing and the weather was perfect! All by itself, Autumn is my favorite time of year.
I love the crispness in the air, the whispers of change as evidenced in the bright-colored leaves, the smell of wood stoves burning, and the cooler weather!

Dear cousin Misty invited us up for UEA weekend!!
We packed up the car and our family and our visitors on Friday afternoon and stayed until Saturday night. (We wanted to stay longer....)
We sure appreciate the invite!!
We LOVE you Misty!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

This is the life!!!

1 comment:

Amelia Brame said...

Ah, it looks beautiful!