Thursday, June 3, 2010

To There and Back - Part 2 Nauvoo

SO...here we are on Part 2 of our trip to Milwaukee and back:

On Monday, after getting our smashed window replaced,
we left Wisconsin for Nauvoo, IL.
YIPPEE!! More driving!
5 hours later, we arrived at these adorable pioneer cabins,
where we had booked 2 nights.
Yep, they LOOK small.
Amazingly, we all fit!
It was a bit cozy, but that's what family together-ness is all about.
That, and "MOM, she's poking me" and "MOM, are we there yet?" and "Rachel! Get your feet off me!".

The next morning, we got up and took turns going to the Nauvoo temple.
The girls went first to do baptisms, while I stayed at the cabin with Mary.
Then, Dan and I got to go do a session.
Let me just say that the Nauvoo temple is just beautiful, and that statement doesn't do it justice. The feeling inside there is incredible.
If we did nothing else, it was worth it just to come to the temple.

After lunch, we headed over to the Joseph Smith store - one of our favorite places to get a cold root beer.
Then we went to Family Living Center for their pioneer demonstrations.

The girls got to make some rope.

After touring around the old city, then getting some dinner,
we went to a play called "Rendezvous", which was lots of fun.
After that, we went down to the Mississippi river to catch the sunset.
Dan is making a "U" for Utah!
Dan and girls plotting something mischievous?
Pioneer barge.

Mary had lots of smiles!
What is it about Nauvoo that makes you never want to leave?
There is something there that makes you want to stay and stay.
We'll be back someday, I can guarantee it!





3 comments:

Tricia Bateman said...

I'm glad you specified that Dan was making a U for Utah. For a moment there I thought he was trying to catch the sunset, haha!
It looks like you had fun. That cabin is so cute! I miss you guys!
I love you all!

Amelia Brame said...

Roni fits in well with her little pigtail braids. You shoulda left her there to be a pioneer in the play ;)

Karen (McCown) Young said...

I totally want to go to Nauvoo for a family vacation now. You and Uncle Dan look so cute together!