Friday, January 29, 2010

Pageants, Soccer, Visitors & a Boot!

Who has time to make New Year's Resolutions? So far, we are up to our ears in projects and activities without trying to accomplish any new goals. Here's just a few:
Jessica is involved in the Miss Washington City scholarship pageant. This past month she had been going to workshops and getting ready for it.
(If you want to come and support her - it's February 6 at 7pm at the Pine View HS theater.)
Here she is trying on her evening gown. She is also going to wear this to Jr. Prom this weekend. The guy who asked her (Kendall Wilkey) is also Jr. Prom King - crazy, huh?
Let me tell you - it is one MAJOR wake-up when you see you "little" girl looking like this!!! Dan - you'd better get the guns out! When in the heck did she grow up??
Along with club soccer, Rachel is also doing indoor soccer this winter. They play against boys and girls teams. It's been really good for her skills and helping her to be tougher!
Pictures are a little fuzzy cuz they were taken through glass.

We recently had a visit from my nephew and his wife; Jim & Celese, and children. I wish I'd taken more photos, but kids move fast and don't want to sit still while I figure out why my camera has a double screen. This little guy has the sweetest smile in the world, plus two adorable sisters. I hope they come visit again soon!
Lastly, update on my broken toe: after waiting 3 weeks (ya, I'm slow) for it to feel better, I went to the doctor for x-rays again. Turns out it wasn't healing cuz it was a compression fracture and it needed to be immobilized. So, here is my boot. Let me tell you, I have never been so happy to wear something so ugly!! I can walk around now without pain!! I can GO places... shopping, the movie, walks around the neighborhood! Yippee! I am MOBILE again!!

Not to worry, I still continue to crochet and I WILL get to those NY resolutions - as soon as the pageant is over!

1 comment:

Tricia Bateman said...

Oh my goodness! Jessica is so beautiful!! Inside and out she glows! I am so excited for her pageant!
Rachel looks like she's doing great too. I sure do miss you guys!
Oh and congrats on the boot ;)